All women of John Knox Presbyterian Church (members and/or friends) are considered to be part of this group. Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, Presbyterian Women are committed to the following purpose:
- To nurture the faith through prayer and Bible study.
- To support the mission of the church worldwide.
- To work for justice and Peace.
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
PWJKC endeavors to do these things in a number of ways.
- A monthly Bible Study open to all women on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- An Annual Holiday Traditions Bazaar held the first Saturday of November each year.
- An Annual Church Garage Sale held usually the first Saturday of April each year.
- A Holiday Dinner for families held in December each year. Includes entertainment!
- A Spring Banquet for families held in May each year. Includes entertainment.
- Monetary support: world missions through PCUSA, Kayenta Presbyterian Church (AZ), Kemmerer Village, Heifer Project International, St. John's Episcopal Food Pantry, The Julian Center, Meals on Wheels (Marion County), Salvation Army Food Pantry, JKPC mission support, Boy Scout Troop #828, and the Dawn Hall Mission Scholarship.
- Participation in Salvation Army bell ringing during the Christmas season, and World Day of Prayer in the spring.
- PW also monetarily supports the John Knox Youth Group, as well as the Children's and Handbell Music Ministries.
- Providing a PW Honorary Life Membership to a deserving individual (sometimes 2) each year in August.
- Providing seed money for major projects at JKPC, and/or donating various things...i.e. carpeting in the hallway, new tables in the Fellowship Hall, etc.
The Presbyterian Women Coordinating Team at John Knox oversees all these things. The team meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except July) at 7:00 p.m. Anyone interested in becoming involved in any of these activities should contact a member of the team. Serving this year: Susan Roberts (moderator), Cindy Hiday (treasurer), Linda Bourne (secretary), Sandy Jordan, Sharon Flannery, Nancy Orme, Donna Pults, Carol McKeown, Mary Carter, and Pam Herman.