Advent, Christmas and New Years @John Knox
Posted on Dec 7, 2017
- NATIVITY OPEN HOUSE - Friday & Saturday, December 15th & 16th Something NEW this year to celebrate our Savior's birth! Do you have a favorite nativity scene that you would like to share with our church family and neighbors? Does it have a story? How old is it? Has it been in your family for several generations, did you buy it new, or was it a gift? Is it from another country? Please bring your nativities along with your information (name, phone number, email address, and story) sometime between December 6th and December 13th. The Open House will be held in the Fellowship Hall for church members and our community to view on Friday, December 15th from 5-8pm, and Saturday, December 16th from 12-6pm. Pop in any time during those hours and browse at your leisure! There will be cookies and punch to enjoy. Nativites will need to be picked up on December 17th.
- BLUE CHRISTMAS SERVICE - TUESDAY, December 20TH @6:30 P.M. For many, the holiday season is not an especially happy time, as it brings back memories of loved ones no longer here. While Christmas is often filled with joy, it also can be filled with pain, sadness, and grief. This year, we will come together again in a time of worship to acknowledge those feelings in a "Blue Christmas Service" on December 19th. This will be a service of scripture, music, and prayer. We hope you will feel led to come and share in this time of worship, as we offer all of who we are to God in this time of preparation for the Christ Child.
- CHRISTMAS EVE SUNDAY - December 24th We will have a special Sunday schedule on December 24th. Sunday School for all ages at 10am, Contemporary Worship Service at 11am, and a Candlelight Service at 7:30pm in the Sanctuary to celebrate the coming of the Christ Child. The Candlelight Service will include music by the Adult Chancel Choir and Spirit Alive Band. It will include scripture, carols, communion and candlelight. Childcare will be provided. Join us in the morning and evening on Christmas Eve as we welcome the Son of God into our lives!
- NEW YEARS EVE DAY SERVICE - SUNDAY, December 31st @11:00 a.m. There will be one traditional worship service at 11:00 a.m. There will be no church school or other activities at the church that morning.
- NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER @RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE - SATURDAY, December 30th! Join us in serving dinner to the residents of Ronald McDonald House! We will meet at the church at 5:00pm, carpool to the Ronald McDonald House to serve dinner, then help clean up. We always have a toast (grape juice!) to bring in the New Year at 7pm. We will arrive back at church by 8:30pm. If you can't come in person, you can still donate homemade food to help. Sign up to help or donate food on the bulletin board outside the church office. Questions? Contact Patty McKinnon (317-686-1900. ext.231).