“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
JKPC Youth are an active group of teenagers who participate in fun activities, mission opportunities and spiritual growth. 7th graders through High Schoolers are invited and encouraged to attend! Please come and join us as we walk our Journey of Faith – Together!!!
During non-COVID times, Youth are welcome to attend Intergenerational church school at 11 am.
Our Typical Sunday Morning Schedule
- 10:00 am - Worship Service
- 11:00 am - Church School
The youth hold many fundraisers throughout the year. Lip-sync competitions, car washes, Mother’s Day cards, you name it, we know you’ll have a good time! The money raised helps to support fun and inspirational Mission Trips and Conferences.
Check out these awesome events our youth participate in throughout the year!:
- Monthly Youth Group Events: On the 4th Sunday of each month we meet at 6:00 PM at John Knox for a meal and a sometimes fun, sometimes thought-provoking spiritual lesson. And of course games, fun, and fellowship are always included. We always encourage youth to bring a friend – the more the merrier! There will always be enough food and fun to go around!
- Member Assistance: We often assist church members with special needs such as yard work or child care.
- Mission Trips and Conferences: Every summer, youth will go on mission trips and conferences to spread the love of God. Previous trips include mission opportunities in Kentucky, West Virginia, and South Carolina. We have also attended denominational conferences at Montreat Youth Conference in Montreat, North Carolina, and Presbyterian Youth Triennium at Purdue University.
- Pyoca: Youth of the church are invited to Camp Pyoca, a camp and retreat center in Brownstown, Indiana. All are welcome to attend their various camps throughout the summer!
- Vacation Bible School: Youth are invited to meet at the church and then depart to the community for mission activities! Check out our Facebook page for updates and information.
- Confirmation Class: Confirmation class is held at regular intervals for youth that would like to become members of the church. Meet and learn more about your faith and the church as a whole as you take the next step in your spiritual journey.
For any questions, please reach out to Pastor William Almodovar.